Tuesday, September 18, 2012

September 18th Letter--Lots of visitors!



Family!
  
Great week once again! Here are some highlights...

Tuesday night we had a lesson with Brandon. A lady from our ward came and it was so great to have her there! She really helped Brandon see that he can receive revelation for himself. The lesson was cool because we decided we wanted to read in the Book of Mormon with him, just to show him how it can relate to his life. We were trying to figure out what chapter we should read with him when I had the idea that we should let him pick. When we sat down with him and told him to pick, I got a little nervous because I was like what if he picks an Isaiah chapter or something?? But then he flipped to Helaman 5 which couldn't have been a more perfect chapter to read with him and relate to him. Oh my goodness the Lord is in this work!!  Afterwards she took us out to dinner at Panera Bread. It was delicious! 

Wednesday morning we had an appointment with Melody. We talked about the plan of salvation. She is so great! She loves learning and just will ask us any question that she has and I love that she is not scared to ask. At the MoBat this night I met a family... oh shoot I am the worst at remembering names these days.. I think it was like Rudda? Or something like that.. Anyway, they used to be in the Sharon Stake! He was in the bishopric with President Camp a while ago. We also got to watch some of Elder Holland's CES Fireside. It was soooo gooooood! Everyone should watch it or read it. His apostolic blessing at the end was so powerful and how blessed we are to have that! This night Sister Stevens and I made some really delicious cookies and also made some funny videos that you will all get to enjoy one day. 

Thursday we had some time to watch Mormon messages and I am Mormon videos. Everyone should check out mormon.org. It really is such a great site! I could spend hours on it watching those things. They are so inspiring!! Also a good way to help people who are struggling or who are less active.. just find a Mormon message and email it to them and invite them to watch it! That's a challenge for you all :) Also the new bible videos are so great! Remember me telling you about a girl last Sunday who just walked right into church?? Well we met with her this day and she has such a strong desire to follow Jesus Christ! It's so cool. She just kept saying that Jesus Christ is her everything. Her mom attends a Christian church but she said she feels like something is missing there and she really loved her experience at church last week. We got to add her as an investigator and I know that what we have to share will fill that space that she says something is missing.  We had temple shift this night and it was actually chilly! First time it's been chilly since I've been here and it wasn't even that cold. We came back to Old Town and did some service for the sisters. We call ourselves the squeakret service :) haha!


Uncle Ward and Aunt Janet surprised Sister Rasmussen
Friday was a neat day! Friday morning we had training with Mark Lusvardi!! It was super inspiring and helpful. He helped me see the importance of being myself and being natural! President Clayton talked about the power and authority associated with our call. Missionaries have such an amazing and unique calling. Mark shared examples in the scriptures of what President Clayton was talking about. Ah, it was just all so good!!! He took a pic which I think he sent to Rus so you all probably saw. We had district meeting which was good as always. MoBat was good tonight! It was a little slower so they let us have a lesson with one of our investigators. We had him come to the MoBat and we watched the new Joseph Smith movie with him. That movie is soo good! Everyone should watch that as well. Afterwards we talked a little, and we had some members there with us. It was evident that the Spirit was there. I felt it, Sister Stevens felt it, the members felt it, but we couldn't help Dee recognize it. He just kept saying he doesn't trust his feelings and he just said he finds too many contradictions with the Bible and Book of Mormon. It is so hard because he is such a nice a awesome person and neither Sister Stevens or myself want to give up on him yet. We know that once it clicks, he will just be a powerhouse, but making it click is the hard part. After that lesson I came out of the theater and guess who was sitting on the couch in the lobby?? Uncle Ward and Aunt Janet!!! Oh my goodness it was so fun and good to see them!! I am so grateful that they took the time to come see me. I got to talk with them a little bit and we took some pictures. Then right when they were leaving, the Trujillos walked in!! The whole gang. They gave me the package, thank you! And then I got to talk with them and take them on tour. 

The Trujillos were in San Diego to be sealed as a family with their son Elder Villalobos

Saturday was so HOT!! In the 100s. Is it cooling down in Utah yet?? Because it definitely isn't cooling down here yet. We had temple shift and so I got to be there when the Trujillos came out of the temple! I took some pictures with them. They were so adorable! I am so happy for them!! 

Sunday was church which was great. Our investigators didn't show up though :( We had MoBat and then after we had dinner with a less-active. The elders came as well. It was delicious! And then we had dinner with the Rodriguez family. Double dinner?? Haha I was so full. The Rodriguez family is so sweet! I really look up to this family. We talked to the 20 yr old daughter for a while about missions. She wants to go, but doesn't know if now is the right time or what. Haha she was saying the exact same stuff I was saying when I was trying to decide, so we tried to help her. She would be such a dynamite missionary!! 

Monday we had another lesson with Melody, and a member came. Lessons with members are always so much better! Every time we meet with Melody I just realize more and more how prepared she is. Almost every time we've had a lesson with her, we have prepared something and then as soon as we sit down and say a prayer with her, she asks us a question and it always has to do with what we prepared to teach her. It's so cool! Once again this is definitely the Lord's work! Yesterday was kind of rough though... we had 4 appointments fall through and so we tried to do contacting, but contacting in Chula is hard. No one is ever home. Finally one lady was home and let us in. She was great! Her sister is a member and she wants her kids to learn about the church so she invited us to come back on Wednesday. We came back to the battalion and did some online chatting. We talked to someone who heard about the Book of Mormon musical and wanted to know exactly what the Book of Mormon is. It was a great conversation! Missionary work through chatting is such a neat experience. 

That leads us to today. I am just getting everything ready for the next week! I love this gospel so much. Even on the hard days, I am so grateful that I have this knowledge of the truth, and I am grateful that I get to share it with others. My testimony grows stronger each day. I just love being a missionary :)

And I love you all!!

Love,
Sister Cassie Chea Rasmussen

No comments:

Post a Comment