Tuesday, July 23, 2013

July 23rd Letter

Dear family,

First of all, SWEDEN!?!?!? wHAT THE!!!! I was FREAKING out.. if you can't tell. Jorgen!!! I am SO excited for you! That's so sweet! You will speak 3 languages! Also November 6... that's kind of a bummer.. 3 weeks before I come home.. haha but that's okay! I am still way pumped for him. Also today is phone calls and tomorrow are transfers! I am staying in Helix with Sister Lehmitz so nothing too crazy for me, but it will be great! Here are the highlights...

Tuesday night we had a lesson with our investigator Ericka, and Kassandra came. We were able to figure out some of Ericka's concerns and help her resolve them. Kassandra took a big part in that so we were really grateful she was there! We then had a lesson with Edgar because he was having a rough day. 

Wednesday happy birthday Paige!! I love you my little ball of energy! Today was also my one year in San Diego so I celebrated with a California burrito :) mmm. We had a lesson with Alan and we just read with him in the Book of Mormon, which was good. WE then went to Kevin's and he was really excited to see us. He missed church on Sunday so he was really apologetic and told us that he was worried we'd think he didn't want to get baptized anymore or do this church stuff, but he reassured us that was not the case one bit! Apparently his car broke down on the way.. sad! We taught him though and reset his baptismal date for August 3rd. He's awesome! We had mobat next and Sister ONeill and I had a meeting. 

Thursday we had training and Elder Day helped us learn some more history about the Mormon Battalion. He is so good at history! We then had mobat and Sister Frampton and I went and cleaned the Courthouse so that was fun. Sister Patterson and I were one exchanges today so after mobat I went to Santee with her! We first taught a member who recently returned home from his mission and it was great. He said he's been in the post mission depression stage so he was excited to get some assignments of people he can help in the ward. Also his dad is not a member and went anti while he was gone.. that's SO sad!! That would be really hard.. Next we met with an investigator, Becca. Oh my goodness she is unreal! So prepared and just an angel! I instantly just loved her so much. Her boyfriend is a recently returning member and they are both just so sweet! We taught tithing and fasting. Next was Amanda and we talked with her about the Plan of Salvation and the Spirit was very strong in that lesson. We then did ward visits so we split and I went with a girl named Robin and she was way cool. We visited a less active and invited her to church and got to know her better and then met back at the church. I love Sister Patterson so much. She is such a powerful missionary and she doesn't see it. I learned so much from her! How to transition and relate to people better, she's so good at that. She's also so good at helping people feel her sincerity. I hope we get to be companions someday!!

Friday we had studies and then district meeting! We talked about confidence and being lovingly bold. Elder Nichols seriously is such a great district leader! We went to district lunch and then we had mobat. Sister Riggs and I had a nice chat and it was fun to catch up with her a little. It feels like forever ago that we were companions. 

Saturday we studied and then had coordination with Dan and Robert. It was good! We made a lot of plans and got things more organized. We then went to the family history center with David and Dan. David wants to learn how to do family history. We got a tour and it was nuts because the guy who gave us a tour said all this stuff that was exactly what DAvid needed to hear! And at the end he was like, 'I'm sorry I don't usually go off on tangents like that.. but I just really felt like I needed to say all of that.' Ahhh so in tune with the Spirit!! Also he made me realize how important family history work really is and made me excited to do it someday! We had mobat and I started feeling really sick and so I got a blessing. I am SO grateful for the priesthood! 

Sunday we studied and then had ward council and church! Kevin came :) We had a meeting with all the ward missionaries and it was so good! I think it definitely helped them better understand their calling and get them excited about it! We then had mobat. Twas great!

Monday we had a full day. We studied and then I helped the Seegmillers with a project and then we tried contacting a few referrals. We then had a lesson with Sam about the restoration. Next we stopped by Juan's because we haven't seen him forever and we caught him home! It was so good to see him and catch up with him and he said he'd come to church this Sunday. Next was a lesson with Ericka and Kassandra came again :) We read 2 Nephi 2 and Ericka really liked it. It was also cool because last time she talked about how her heart was more willing to learn now then it was 6 months ago when the missionaries tried to teach her and we asked her why and she said she didn't really know.. and then today she said she was reading the Book of Mormon and she read 1 Nephi 4:6 And I was aled by the Spirit, not bknowing beforehand the things which I should do. and she said she feels exactly like that and that's why she thinks her heart is more willing because she wants to take those steps of faith and because she does have Faith in the Savior. So cooool! We had a lesson with Kevin and Shawn next and taught the 10 commandments and then we went to fhe with our ward which was at the mobat! We all ate dinner and then Sister Lehmitz and I gave them all a tour and it was super fun :) I love the Helix ward! 

This past transfer I have learned a lot about humility. How important it is to be humble and remain that way. The Spirit can't speak through us or to us if our hearts are full of pride, and being in tune with the Spirit is a necessity! It's how our Heavenly Father communicates with us. I have been in depth studying the 4th missionary.. and I am pretty sure I've mentioned it in the past 2 letters.. but that's because it's so amazing! I just want to soak it all in and become that way! And I know ultimately it's up to me. I LOVE the gospel! I love the Atonement. I love my Savior.

And of course.. I love you all so much!! :)

Love,
Sister Cassie Rasmussen

No comments:

Post a Comment