Tuesday, October 15, 2013

October 15th Letter

Dear Family,

My last phone callls!! AHHHHH. Don't worry.. nothing too exciting haha we are staying the same! To be honest I was hoping for a little switch up my last transfer, but nonetheless I am happy and it's going to be a great last 6 weeks! There is a lot changing at the battalion though so there were a lot of tears this morning. This week has been amazing as most weeks haha so here are the highlights...

Wednesday we had mobat in the morning and it was crazy with fall break! I had a meeting with the Seegmillers. Oh and it poured rain today! We had a lesson with Eric. We read 2 Nephi 2 with him. He told us that the temple was so amazing and it was the strongest he has ever felt the spirit. We met with Edgar, Ortega, and Neina next and read Mosiah 3 with them. We talked about general conference and committed them to reading one conference talk each week. We met with William next and taught him the 10 commandments and keeping the Sabbath day holy. Something kind of funny is that our other investigator, David came to the lesson with us and helped teach. Haha it was cool. After we watched the Joseph Smith movie with Robert and David. After David opened up to us a little more and I just love that kid so much. He will be baptized someday...hopefully soon :) 

Thursday happy birthday to Eden! I love you so much!!! I hope it was the best day. We had a really good training this morning where we made up scenarios for the sisters to practice greeting people. After some of us practiced our song for the November fireside and then we did one of my most favorite things. We did a booth on Grossmont college! It was so sweet! We met this awesome guy Jonathan and gave him a Book of Mormon. He has Mormon friends apparently. We then met Ramadan and he is from Sudan. He referred and we are going to meet with him soon! Then we met this guy Page. Page has never really been religious, but wants to be a good person and has been curious about religion lately. We got his information and will meet with him soon too! It always boggles my mind when I see that many people (on campus) and that the majority of them don't even know the truth! Ah so sad! This super nice professor who is mormon bought us some lunch :) This cute girl was walking by and she was just looking at us so I was like 'hey do you want to learn about mormons?' and she was like 'Yeah!' Come to find out she just moved here from England and she's living with her Dad and attending Grossmont. She's so cool! She is going to be a member. She's a referral for the La Jolla sisters. Then this guy Ethan stopped and told us he's an atheist (I am pretty sure he's not.. he's just confused right now) and asked us if he was going to hell and we said no! and he was appalled. He said every other religion said he was so we just talked with him about God's plan. We talked to him for like 30 minutes and he just kept saying he couldn't believe how nice we were. We got his contact information and although I think he'll be a slower process.. he definitely needs obviously and wants God in his life. We packed up our booth and headed back to the campus. Tyler Wedemeyer was there! And it was fun to see him :) We had a lesson with a referral, Daniel. We taught the restoration and it went well, but he kept saying these excuses of why he couldn't do things.. I was just thinking.. come on! You don't understand... this will change your life! Haha and I kind of did say that, but in a really nice way :) We had mobat next and it was pretty busy. 

Friday I was on exchanges with Sister Mulipola and Sister Teanoa in La Jolla. First of all, at 2:00 in the morning I woke up to some guy yelling and it freaked me out. I didn't know what to do, but I really wanted to see what was going on and so I climbed down from the bunk bed and found out Sister Mulipola had been awake too and was hoping I was awake so we could figure out what to do together. We spied out the window (their apartment is closest to the mobat parking lot) and there were these 3 people right in the parking lot by our window kind of. We couldn't tell if they were homeless or drunk or both.. but they kept yelling and fighting.. We didn't know what to do so we called the Seegmillers and they told us to call the police and so we did! They left before the police got there.. but it was crazy. We had mobat in the morning and it was busy. I had just sat down to eat lunch when a sister came back and told me they really needed help figuring out a situation up front and I was like ohhh okay so I went up and SURPRISE!!!!!! Haha I love surprises like that. We sat in the theater and talked while we waited for the next tour and then I just got to take their family! So that made me really happy :) It was definitely one of the coolest tours. Ric and Tami look so good! And Jorgen looks like a grown up and even Cacia seems taller than the last time I saw her and Soren and Ayden are so much bigger! Soren actually wouldn't even look at me at first.. but by the end he finally gave me a hug :) We took pictures and panned for gold and then I had to go, but I was so happy to be able to give them stuff to take home for me! So thank you so much!!! And it was a huge tender mercy from Heavenly Father that I got to see them. He knew I needed that :) I love you Ric, Tami, and family! I said bye to Georgen for 2 years :( but he is going to be such an AMAZING missionary. I am so stoked for him! We then went and taught Stanley Busby. We talked with him about President Uchtdorf's talk "Come, join us" It was good! We then went to a baptism in Santee for Alicia. I taught her so I got to go. It was great! Our investigator William even came. We went to dinner with Rodney and talked about general conference and invited him to share his favorite talk and invite a friend to church. We went to contact a less active and met this guy Jay. He was super interesting, but he said he wouldn't mind meeting with the sisters sometime! So that's good. I am super impressed with Sister Teanoa. She is from the Gilbert Islands and she is just incredible. I love both her and Sister Mulipola and I learned so much from them today. I of course loved being in La JOlla again :)

Saturday we had a lesson with Mark and Steven. We taught them part of the plan of salvation.. really emphasizing the Atonement. It was a really cool lesson. Both of them just want to change so badly.. I think they just don't think they can.. but today they really felt that hope. Some sisters needed some last minute coverage at the mobat so we were there from 12-9. I was definitely exhausted but it was great! The sisters even brought us firehouse subs to say thank you :) 

Sunday we had stake conference and it was great! Edgar is getting the melchizedek priesthood!!! So excited for him. William came! We had coordination and then had a lesson with Sabrina. She is moving tomorrow :( I will miss her! We went through the strength of youth with her. She just really wants to make sure that she doesn't fall away and sometimes she feels like she's slipping. She's so cool. We had mobat and then weekly planned! 

Monday happy birthday Makai! I loveth you! We studied and helped Elder Holley with some car stuff and he gave us homeade bread from his wife! So delicious. We had a lesson with Page from the booth and taught him the restoration. It was a sweet lesson! Laura came as well. Page really wants to come to church and really wants to find out if this is true. I love when people have that strong desire to know the truth! Mobat next. It was a little calmer tonight. Some of the sisters and myself got to go to the hacienda and sing happy birthday to this guy for Elder Seegmiller and then he gave us free food! It was delicious. I took this lady on tour with her two sons and they were so adorable. Throughout the tour I found out that her husband recently passed away :( So sad. We talked about how grateful we are for the gospel. Sister Frampton and I had a meeting and then we had a farewell for Sister Crawford. Ahhhh. Oh ps Elder Zwick came to the mobat today. He's so cool. 

This week I have been particularly grateful to know that Heavenly Father is so aware of me and all of us. I might have talked about that recently, but He really is just so incredibly loving. I love this gospel so much! I am grateful for the peace, comfort, and joy it brings. It really brings SO much joy :)

I love you all!!

Love,

Sister Cassie Chea Rasmussen

No comments:

Post a Comment