Tuesday, June 11, 2013

June 11th Letter

Dear Family,

Transfers again... what the!? Fastest six weeks of my life.... so the verdict is that I am staying in Helix and I will be training :/ I find out who I train tomorrow! Craaazzzzyyyy... Also Sister Crawford is going full proselyting and training!! She's going to do so great. I am grateful for the opportunity that I have had to be her companion. I can't believe we only got 6 weeks together. She is such a solid missionary!!! I am not going to lie.. I am super nervous to take over Helix because I have only been there for 6 weeks and it is a HUGE area... and I am nervous to train! Ahhhhhh... but you know the promise that those who are called the Lord helps them be qualified?? I really hope that promise comes true.. because I don't feel so qualified... BUT I have a lot of trust in the Lord, so I am just going to have to remember that I need to rely on Him through this all.. Anyways, haha that is the big news.. Even though I am nervous.. I am really excited!!! It will be an adventure :) 

Sister Crawford and Sister Rasmussen

Here are the highlights for the week...

Tuesday was my birthday and it was an awesome day! Some of the sisters and I went and had lunch at firehouse subs and then we just chilled in my apartment and talked and it was really fun! Then we had a barbecue at the battalion. The senior couples did it for all the sisters and it was a lot of fun! Then we had mobat. Such a good birthday! Thank you for everyone who helped make it special! 

Sister Rasmussen and Sister Davies on Cassie's birthday (June 4th)
Wednesday missionary boot camp started.. let me explain, hah. Every morning all of the mobat sisters exercise down at the square in Old Town because it has a track thing you can run around and grass and just a place where everyone can do what they want for exercise. Well every morning I just run around the track for all of exercise which has been great, but I feel like it's not really doing anything so a couple months ago I emailed brock for some work outs that I could do within 20-25 min and without any equipment and he emailed me an awesome list and so I told one of the sisters and she was like I want to join and I was like okay well the day after my birthday we'll start missionary boot camp.. just kind of saying that as a joke, but then all the sisters started asking me about it and so we really did start boot camp! Almost all the sisters joined in and it's so fun every morning!! Haha I have a whiteboard that I write the work out on and then everyone can do it at their own pace. It's great! So thanks Brocko! You got about 18 sisters doing cross fit! Haha. And we have all been sore all week. It's awesome! We had mobat this morning and then Juan. He is having a really hard time. He's made some mistakes since baptism and he's really upset with himself. He also doesn't have a lot of self worth and he wears earrings and someone at church made a not nice comment about his earrings and so that was really hard for him. I feel so bad! People who join the church really have to make such a big adjustment and change just to everything about life! I just think it's important that after people get baptized that we don't just expect them to be perfect and to know everything, but to love them and help them along the way and when their heart is changed even more, then the 'outside' stuff won't matter to them anymore. I don't know if that made sense.. but anyways. Next we had dinner with Edgar. He does so much for other people and asks for absolutely nothing in return. Mary had her baptismal interview! She passed :) We had a lesson with David about faith. Faith=trust in the Lord. Faith in Him helps us access His power. 

Thursday we had training and then district meeting and district lunch and then weekly planning and then mobat! I took a lady on tour with 13 children!! And they were all so well behaved. It was so sweet! Arthur came to the battalion and guess what?? His mom is getting baptized!!!!! How cool is that?? I am so excited for them!!! 



Friday we had mobat and I took some people on tour who work with Rus and they love him. After we went and practiced a song with Neil for the baptism and then we went to Jamul! Jamul is like the back country/redneck part of San Diego... hahaha it was awesome!!! We went to the Bishop's house and had dinner with his family and they gave us lots of things from their garden! Yummmmmy! 

Saturday we had temple and there were a lot of weddings! It was great! One was a girl from La Jolla so I got to see lots of people :) We gots delicious BJ's after and then we headed to Mary's baptism!! We set up and took pictures. It was so cute when she walked in because she squealed and then she gave me a hug and she said, "I don't usually squeal, but I am just so excited!" It totally reminded me of Mosiah 18:11 when the people clap their hands and are so excited to be baptized because it was the true desire of their hearts. The baptism went wonderfully and the Spirit was so strong. The speakers did superb! Sister Crawford and I sang a song called, "He Loves Me," which is one of my favorites. Her testimony was so sweet. She has such a willing heart. We had a lesson wtih Robert after about Pres. Uchtdorf's talk from priesthood called, "Four Titles" Such a sweet talk! 

Mary's baptism

Sunday we had ward council and church. Mary got confirmed and received the Holy Ghost! We taught gospel principles today and it was quite the experience because no one talked.... Haha everytime we asked a question or for an experience it was like crickets chirping every time. It was a good experience though. After church we had mobat and it was super busy! I took a guy on tour whose mission president was Uncle John and Aunt Diana!! Elder Ryan Clawson I believe. We went to the mission president's fireside. I love those! They always pump me up. This wife and husband spoke who are recent converts and wooooow... their story was incredible!!! I saw some Sadlier cousins! Their daughter Sarah, everyone thinks we look alike and she even told me that someone from my Chula ward told her that she looked like a sister missionary that served in their ward and when they asked who they said Sister Rasmussen and Sarah was like that's my cousin! Haha crazy. 

Monday we had mobat and it was pretty busy. I took this couple from Belgium who love the Mormon Battalion and followed their whole trail! They weren't even mormon. So cool! We tried contacting a few people and then had a lesson with the Edgars. We finally got to see Ortega! He's been MIA lately. We had a good lesson with them about agency. We also street contacted this 16 year old named Encino. He's going to be Mormon someday! We went to fhe and a lot of our less actives were there, it was awesome! Then we had a lesson with Alan C at the mobat. We talked about having hope for the future. He is a good guy! He just needs to change his priorities a little. There was a HUGE massive black spider on our ceiling after planning and both of us are scared of spiders so we were freaking out and called Sister Pagel to come kill it because she's not scared of spiders, haha. She's so nice. It just reminded me of all the times I had to call mom or Brock to come kill a spider for me. 

Among my studying this week I studied Elder Perry's talk from conference. I loooove it! "Satan has many reasons for doing what he does. Perhaps the most powerful is the motive of revenge, but he also wants to make men and women miserable like he is miserable.... Each choice you and I make is a test of our agency... Sin will always be sin. Disobedience to the Lord's commandments will always deprive us of His blessings. The world changes constantly and dramatically, but God, His commandments, and promised blessings do not change." I think I've learned the real importance of obedience on my mission. Obedience really is important and brings us a better state of mind, because we know if we are living how we should.. then everything is going to be okay! Sure challenges will still arise, and we'll still have to go through trials, BUT we can face those trials with more confidence and trust in the Lord and know that it is just an opportunity to grow and understand the Atonment better. 

Anyways.. sorry if this email is scattered... my brain is scattered.. hah it always is at transfers. I hope you all have a wonderful week!!

I love you so much!!

Love,
Sister Cassie Rasmussen

PS I got Rus and Marin's announcement. So cute!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment