Tuesday, November 5, 2013

November 5th Letter

 Dear Family!

Wow. These last few weeks are going to be CRAZY. I am SO excited. So much to do! I love being busy with this type of work :) Here are the highlights from this past week . . .

Dressed up in outfitting
Tuesday night we had a lesson with William about the Holy Ghost in preparation for his confirmation. We then went and stopped by Juan's and finally got to see him. He's struggling. He's so awesome! I really hope he can get out of this rut. We made him promise he'd come to church before the end of November. 

Wednesday exchanges in La Jolla with Sister Jarrett! People call us twins. Haha it was fun being her companion! We are both tall and blonde. We taught Arthur and Anthony (both recent converts) about missionary work and it was a powerful lesson! Anthony wants to serve a mission. I think that's so cool! Right as we were leaving, their friend Joseph showed up and we ended up teaching him the restoration and adding him as an investigator! We tried seeing Casmier but he wasn't there :( 
Sister Rigs, Madsen, Davies and Rasmussen with their Halloween colors
Thursday happy halloween! I hope to see pictures of everyone. I dressed up as a pumpkin. Hahah I will send pictures. For training this morning the Seegmillers made us breakfast! It was so fun :) and so nice of them! Then we talked about how we were all called here for different reasons and for who we are and we did this activity where we wrote what we liked about each other and it was fun! We went to see a less active who lives on the most ginormous hill ever! Seriously by the time we got to the top I was panting and my legs burned haha we were laughing. We went to see another less active. She was sleeping and we felt bad waking her up so we wrote her a note and talked to her dad. They have pet geese and chickens so he let us feed them! Haha it was awesome. I asked if I could have a picture with them and he said yes and told me to go out in the middle where they were and I was scared but I stuck my foot out to do so and one of the geese attacked my leg! Hahah it was funny. We then had district meeting and then mobat. It was pretty slow tonight! I worked on schedules and the area book. 

Sister Lehmitz and Cassie. Notice her pumpkin. 
Friday we did lots of organizing and figuring our ward list and records out and then went to the eye doctor for sis lehmitz. Brought back memories. haha and then we had a lesson with Kevin. His dog died :( and he was pretty upset about it. We talked with him about recommitting to everything and he really wants to. He's just trying to figure everything out so he said he'd need some time. We went to a potentials, Zaire's and taught the restoration. As we were leaving this couple was sitting outside and we started talking with them and found out that they were meeting with missionaries like 5 years ago but then they moved and lost contact and they missed what they were learning! AH SO COOL how Heavenly Father places people perfectly. We went to Adrienne's and went out with her to visit less actives. We visited this girl named Emily. Whenever she comes to church she is ridiculously quiet, but tonight she was just talking and talking and being herself and itw as really cool to see and to get to know her! We met with Shawn and talked with him about using the Atonement to give him strength to get through the hard things he is going through right now. 

Feeding the geese
Saturday happy birthday Benson! I love you foofy! This morning we went to the temple again to help set up lights. So fun! We had coordination and weekly planned and then mobat. Today there was a film crew from salt lake at the mobat. They all knew Rus of course and talked about how much they loved him. Then they decided to film random sisters and ask them some questions and they picked me (probably because Rus is my brother) and oh my goodness. Suddenly I couldn't speak english anymore. Hahaha I don't even know what I said. But I felt like an idiot. So Rus when you watch that.. you don't have to claim me as your sister, haha. I also saw my 5th grade teacher Mr. Thomas! He came to the mobat and he looked so familiar, but I couldn't figure out how so I finally asked him his name and we made that connection. David Yang also came to the mobat tonight! It made me so happy to see him :) I love that kid! 

Mission leadership council friends
Sunday was Sister Patterson's birthday! So we did some little surprises for her. Oh also daylight savings... so none of the sisters phone changed and all of our alarms went off and we were all confused because it was still dark outside and then we finally figured out that our phones didn't change and we went back to sleep :) Church was great! We had a couple non members show up. We invited them to learn more and one of them wanted to so we are meeting with her this week! William received the Holy Ghost so that was sweet. We helped with break the fast and then had mobat. We had a ward mission plan meeting after with the elders and our ward mission leader/missionaries and had some dinner and it was great! We came up with an awesome plan that we are calling the Avengers. Hahah it is going to be so great! I am excited. Helix is going to explode. Oh and NEINA came to church today! Yay!!!!

Mission leadership council
Monday I had mission leadership council. Best. One. Yet. So SWEET!! We talked about loyalty, and concerns in the mission, and the doctrine of high expectations. Basically I just want to be even better and be a better example! And President is just so good at teaching in a way that makes us understand and blows our minds! At the end of big mission meetings or mission leadership council, they always have the missionaries who will be leaving that month bear their testimony at the end. At mlc usually there are like 1 or 2, but today there were 9!!! It was super powerful and spiritual. I was SO nervous to get up there in front of all these amazing leaders, but it was a cool experience. After we ate lunch with all of them and helped clean up and took pictures and then Sister Frampton and I made the schedules for MTE's which are the next 3 weeks which is why it is going to be crazy! But so great. Sister Lehmitz and I took a note to a less active and then had a lesson with Nathan and Seth Duckett. We love that family. We read Enos 1 with them and it was sweet.

Sister R with Nathan and Seth Duckett
It was GREAT week!! President pointed out something SWEET yesterday. He read 3 Nephi 12:48 with us "Therefore I would that ye should be perfect even as I, or your Father who is in heaven is perfect." And talked about how when Christ gave the sermon on the mount before his resurrection how he didn't say even as I.. because perfect really means complete or whole. We are not complete or whole until after we are resurrected. As long as we are striving and trying our best to do what's right and show God we love Him, then we are on the right track! But it's okay if we are not perfect yet :)

I love you all!! So much.

Love,


Sister Cassie Chea Rasmussen

No comments:

Post a Comment