Tuesday, July 24, 2012

July 24--First Week in San Diego

Dear Family,

Wow. San Diego really is the most perfect weather ever! I love it. It is so beautiful here! When we arrived in San Diego last Tuesday, the assistants picked us up and took us to the mission home. We ate food, took pictures, filled out some papers, had an interview, and got to take a nap, and then we had dinner. Then we met up with more sisters and went out and taught! I was with Sister Nelson and Sister Crawford and we were in the La Jolla area. We taught a Chinese girl named Da. She is so awesome and it was a wonderful experience and made me really excited! The next day was training meeting. My companion is Sister Stevens. She is from Layton, Utah, she is a beautician and she is 5'10! Woohoo for tall girls! She honestly is the most awesome person ever. She is so funny and kind and excited about missionary work! She is also so positive. She is very patient with me and helpful. I definitely got lucky. Best trainer ever! She also only has 2 transfers left so I am her last companion. We are having a great time together. The area we got assigned to is drum roll please...... Chula Vista!!! Rus, that does not mean doughnut. Hahah! Chula Vista is beautiful and we are white washing which means we are both new to the area and we are actually opening it up kind of because it is a new ward called the Otay Lakes Ward. It has been a lot of fun getting organized and getting acquainted with people in the ward to help us with missionary work. Members really are so crucial!

Oh I saw Esteban Villalobos! He is awesome. I also met an Elder and his teacher in the MTC was Lauren! Also every time I meet someone from El Cajon I tell them that my mom grew up there and they always know the Jesperson name. OH flashback real quick... there was a sister missionary in the MTC in my visitor center training group and she was from Greenland! She told me that I reminded her of all her Danish friends which made me so happy :) Also flashback... my temple square experience was way cool! My companion was Sister Leilua from Samoa. She is so great! We talked to a few people and I also gave a tour to about 25 people from Germany and Belgium. It was cool!

Okay back to San Diego... The Mormon Battalion is the coolest place ever! I was pretty nervous at first because the day we got here they gave us our script and it is huge and we have to act and I was just thinking there is no way I am going to be able to do this, but the Lord is helping me :) I now have the script down and I gave my first solo tour yesterday! The tour is so awesome. Everyone that comes through really enjoys it. Rus you got magical skilllllssss! Family, those of you who have not been here have to come get the tour someday in your life. The kiddos would love it!

Sister Stevens likes exercising which is wonderful because she helps me exercise more intensely then I probably would on my own. It is great! One unfortunate thing is my energy level seems to have decreased immensely. Ha, it's like it takes every muscle in my body to stay awake. I go to bed on time and wake up on time and I am eating well and exercising... I guess this is just the life of the mission?

Anyways, sorry I don't have a lot of time today. Hopefully next week I will send pictures. I love being a missionary!! Oh I had my first door contact yesterday. The lady was Catholic so she said she didn't want to change, but we bore her our testimonies and left her a Book of Mormon and I really hope she will read it. This gospel amazes me more and more every day. Life is wonderful!

Love,
Sister Cassie Rasmussen

No comments:

Post a Comment