Saturday, July 21, 2012

July 21--Mailed Letter from First Day in Mission

This was a mailed letter that Cassie wrote the day she arrived in the mission on July 17th. We received it on July 21st. 


Dear family,

So, I made it to San Diego! It's just as beautiful as I remember it. The mission home is beautiful and has a beautiful view! It is in Helix if that means anything to you, Mom. Also, we drove right by Mission Valley.

My mission president and wife are both wonderful. The weather is perfect here. I am exhausted but excited! My preparation day is Tuesday aka today. I won't be able to email today though which is why I am writing real quick.

President Clayton sent a picture of me with him and his wife to Dad's email. Dad, will you please forward that to me? I would like a copy of it. Also, Dad, it was good to talk to you and hear your voice! Mom, I hope you got my message.

Today we get nap time and fill out paper and have an interview with the president. Tonight we go out with the missionaries and tomorrow we meet our trainers and begin! The APs are really nice with helping us.

I seriously cannot believe that this is real life. I am nervous, but mostly excited beyond belief. I just wanted you to know that I made it here safely.

I love you all!

Love,
Sister Cassie Chea Rasmussen

No comments:

Post a Comment